Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week 37


Dear Family,
Man the weeks are going by really fast. This week was definitely  full of lots of excitement. 
First off our zone accomplished our goal of 40 baptisms for the month with 8 men and as a zone we baptized 41 with 8 men!  It was a great month and our whole zone is suppper excited. Today we are going to have a giant party as a zone which should be a good time.  Goals are a really cool thing, they can help us with every thing that we need, they give us the pressure that we need to accomplish hard things and they show our desires to the Lord.  Its really cool to make our goal and to see the whole zone progressing. Elder Machado and I have baptized for 6 weeks in a row now and we are really working well together.
So its official the entire Santos family is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I couldn’t be more proud of all them, this family is so legit.Sunday after church the mother of the family, Nataly, was baptized it was a really great service and we had a ton of people there.  The coolest part was when Eduson, the father, bore his testimony.  He talked about how even though he fell away from the church he has always known it was true and that he is so happy that his family can be members of the same church and he’s very excited.  It was a really good testimony and he even cried, it was really powerful and it was probably one of my happiest moments on my mission that day when he thanked me and elder Machado for helping him come back to church and baptizing his family.  It was so great. 
Tuesday we did splits my zone leaders who are obsessed with splits.  Its so GREAT, and I was in charge of the area with elder Barbosa who is this Brazilian from the north who is like the same size as David.  He is 18 and this is his first transfer and he is a great missionary. It was cool , my ZL are trying to train me to be ready to be a senior comp so they are giving me time to act as a senior comp. It was a good day.  I learned a lot but its definitely going to be hard to be on my own and especially if I am with an African who cant speak Portuguese haha but I am excited.
Wednesday we went to the TEMPLE yeah first time in 6th months I have gone.  It was really great we have this really awesome older couple in our ward that go every week and they invited us to go so we just went we got there at 7 and it was a really great time.  It was really nice to just relax in the spirit and think alittle bit about life.  I did the session in Portuguese and I understood alot and learned alot of things. It was pretty awesome.
Friday we baptized a cousin of the Santos family, her name is Helen.  She is 20 and really cool. One day when we were teaching her she told us “I never thought that I would be a church girl but this church has something different.”  it was great.
Saturday we went to the sister’s area to do a interview of this kid named Michele.  Hes 20 and also way dope.  After the interview he asked me to baptize him since I had baptized his little brother a couple of weeks ago. It was also a cool experience.
Wow Thanks for sending me Davids talk.  This is a really good talk. I really like it and I actually learned alot thanks! Glad that Boons is growing up and becoming a great young man. Dad you should be proud that you have 4 young men that are trying to be worthy and strong in the church love you and thanks
So a very cool week we had 3 days in a row with baptisms and went to the temple and it was Pascoa or Easter so yeah very spiritual week!
love you all
ELDER JENSEN

Picture of Aaron with the Santos Family

No comments:

Post a Comment