Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Week 20


Aaron wrote this letter on Monday before he got transferred on Tuesday morning. 

Well this week went really well.
First off we had a baptism!!!! Yeah His name is Diego.  He’s 23 and super dope.  He’s really good friends with the family we are going to spend Christmas with. They brought him to church and then after we committed him to be baptized and then taught him every night and baptized him in 7 days.  Thats how we do it in Brazil, but really he was like already a member, he just wasn’t baptized so that’s tight. O yeah and I got to baptize him too, it was cool.  After I pulled him out off the water he gave me a huge hug and told me he loved me.  Its definitely the best part of being on the mission.  In the font the spirit is just sooooo strong like the fire is burning. Honestly I think this was the first investigator we have had that I taught the majority of the lessons so that’s really cool. My Portuguese is getting a lot better and its coming much more easy, especially when I am teaching. I can just flow with the language and the spirit definitely helps and works through me a lot, which I really need.  So this week is transfers and I am pretty much like 10000 percent sure I am going to stay here with elder Payne as a junior for one more transfer.  Which is what I want to do hahaha we have way too many people that I want to baptize here before I leave and plus I really want to spend Natal (Christmas) with the Andrade family.  They are just awesome and make really gooooood American desserts like cupcakes and brownies so its tight hahaha.  So on Tuesday we did splits with Dalcio and Patrick it was fun. I went with Dalcio my first baptism and man is he going to be a sick missionary. He was like talking to every one no matter what just getting addresses like it was his job, after every one he would say in English (umm your number babe)  Hes great.
Wednesday we did splits with some elders in our district and I went with Elder Castionaro, it was fun. I taught about 80% of all the lessons and really felt like a senior comp it was really cool.  Friday we went by Jose Almires house and I shaved his beard again.  It was great, it was like so hot that day and his house is just like a little oven so I was like dying in there but the best part was after I shaved his beard he made us some tea and I was like heck no I am dying of heat exhaustion and now you want me to drink your old man tea but actually it was really good and super hot. I have no idea what kind of tea it was so I just called it wisdom juice hahaha! It was great but the best part was that he just like keep saying weird proverbs.  It was great. I love old people on my mission.  It was like uncle Iro from Avatar was giving us some of his jade tea and sharing some of his wisdom with us hahaha.  
Saturday our ward had a super activity where everyone went to this ranch and spent the majority of the day there. it was fun. But man did I feel over dressed at a pool party in my missionary clothes.  Whatever we still played soccer and had fun, we had 5 investigators come so it was really cool.  We played GREAT DOW for like 3 hours and man it was great. I was the dow for like 20 games in a row. Good times. then after we had Diego’s interview and then we watched the Joseph Smith movie with him, it was great.
Sunday after church we went to the hospital with 15 people from the ward and walked the halls and sang Christmas songs for 2 hours. We all had Santa hats on and it was great. It was sooooo cool the spirit was really strong and it was way cool to see all these people singing in their hospital beds as we walked by.  At one point I started to cry because it reminded me of Grandma Dot a lot.  It was kinda sad remembering her.  But the last part we went by all the new baby rooms and every one was just so happy it was cool. After that we watch the Christmas devotional at the church and it was really good.  It was like really the first time I really thought about Christmas this season so it was kind of a trunky day but really good too. 
So a really good week hopefully we will have another baptism next week!!
Love elder Jensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment