Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 11


Dear Family and Friends,
We are teaching so many people, its crazy.  We worked really hard this week and it definitely paid off.  We are teaching a group of boys who are like 15 and they are all really cool After we taught a lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ to them my comp said to me when we were walking to our next lesson, “Dude we got to get these noobs baptized.” haha it was really funny.  (Aarons companion is Brazilian and of course learned the term noob from Aaron).  We will hopefully have our first baptism this week which is awesome her name is Julia, shes 15 and is dating a member of the church whose 18, normal here in Brazil but he’s awesome and will get to dunk his own girlfriend this week, how cool. 
We are teaching this huge family, I think Wisseli sent you a picture of them but they are all on different levels.  One lady had a dream as a response to her prayer and in her dream she saw a white fruit and she said it was most desirable it was crazy!  We read Lehi’s dream and explained it to her.  She’s really religious so it’s going to be hard for her to leave her old church but we will see how it goes. 

The hardest part of the work here in Brazil is getting people to come to church. People here love talking to us but really don’t like coming to church hahah its lame. 

Conference was great!  I feel like it was all on missionary work starting with lowering the age of missionaries that’s crazzzzzy!  cant belive that stuff.  I hope it makes a lot more sisters want to serve. idk what my favorite talk was because there were so many good ones.  I really liked President Monson’s during priesthood session.  It was great and 
Elder Holland’s in the morning session. He’s my favorite, so bold and direct. 

I learned from conference that we all need to come unto Christ and to invite all to do the same is to have courage and to teach with the spirit.  We have to help people feel the spirit so they can know that truth of our message for themselves.  We also need to love and care for all people.  We all come form different places of the world with different opportunities and different circumstances but we are all children of god and we all need to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives if we want to be happy. 

This week I went on my first spilt, it was a weird experience, but a good one.  It was really weird not being with elder de Oliviera.  I went with elder Silva who is a little bit of a “fubecca” or slaker.  He’s Brazilian and speaks 0 English so I got to put my Portuguese to the test, or lack thereof haha!  We taught a girl who is struggling to get baptized because she doesn’t want to offend her Pastor its a hard situation but I think she knows the church is true.  The split made me really grateful to have a comp that works hard and wants to teach and baptize.

Right now I am obsessed with the song called “Savior Redeemer of my Soul.”  I sing it all day, every day and I know without a doubt that Jesus is our savior and that we are forever in debt to him but that he loves us and that though him we can have joy that is greater then any other joy here on earth.

Hope all is well
love you all
Elder Jensen 

Savior Redeemer of my Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment